mercredi 4 mai 2011

Nuggets


The other day I had a food related revelation, as I was looking through the net as usual for new recipes, I found a few on how to make nuggets (yet another American recipe… I should consider moving there ^^).
Since I have seen on T.V. a documentary on how nuggets were made, I have decided to make them myself, and never ever ever buy nuggets again (do you know all the stuff they put in them?) but to be honest mine tasted good but looked awful!

And I realized it was because you should blend the meat first so that it creates a kind of stuffing! It’s a simple idea but yet it never crossed my mind!

In order to make them (for two) you’ll need:

-          2 chicken breasts
-          Grated cheese (about 3 handfuls)
-          Salt and pepper (and now this song will be stuck in my head for the rest of the day…)
-          1 egg
-          flour (yes, I’m really precise today!)
-          breadcrumbs
-          flaxseed

In your blender, put the chicken breast, the cheese, the salt and the pepper (you can add other spices if you want to like curry powder or paprika). Well then obviously blend!
Then with the stuffing you have obtained, make about 12 nuggets.
Roll each one of them in flour then in the egg (that you’ll have previously beaten) and eventually in the breadcrumbs (which could be mixed with flaxseed).
Heat some oil in the pan and dip fried them!


(I added some vegetables to ease my conscience :P)

Bon appétit!

1 commentaire:

  1. I've seen a similar documentary. I am sure there are others - sausage, burger, meat pies...some are good, some are less good!

    RépondreSupprimer